8 Hassle-Free Steps to Background Checks
The business world never slows down. There’s no time to dig through court records on every single job applicant or to learn how to use the variety of record checking databases available. At Background Check Express, we can make your life a little bit easier by doing the grunt work for you. Follow these 8 steps for hassle-free background checks.
- Start your account. Fill out the form under the Get Started tab on our website. This form will take anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes to fill out and you’ll need basic information about your business, any parent company, your bank’s name, and trade credit reference information. If we need more information from you, we will call you at the phone number you provide.
- We will verify your business. Federal law requires that we verify that your business is a legitimate company. We only run background checks for legal businesses, not individuals. Once we have the information you submitted in your “Get Started” form, we will confirm that everything is legal and that we are in compliance with the law.
- Login to your account. We will create a profile, username, and password for you in our database. We’ll send you the information you need to log in via our website homepage.
- Explore the database. Once we have sent you your login information, spend some time exploring the system. On your home page, you’ll be able to update your profile and password. The order tab is where you choose which orders you want generated. Once you’ve made your order, you’ll be able to review reports under the reports tab. The utilities tab gives you access to the jurisdiction tool and to different reporting methods.
- Create your order. Create an order by choosing one of our four report options which include credit checks, SSN traces, criminal and civil records searches, and employment, residence, and professional verification.
- Get permission from the subject. Before you can run a background check, federal law requires that the subject of the check give you permission. Have the applicant fill out a waiver form and then upload a digital copy of the form to the report under attachments.
- The rest is up to us. We will run the background checks for you. Some reports will be returned instantly; others take anywhere from 1 to 3 business days to complete. Occasionally a reporting agency will take longer than 1 to 3 business days to return the requested information. If that is the case, we will complete your report when the information is returned to us. When your reports are complete, we’ll send you an email.
- Generate necessary forms. If a record includes information that may result in an adverse action, you can generate the necessary consumer copy, pre-adverse action letter, and adverse action letter directly from the report under disclosures and forms.
We’re here to help. Let us know what we can do to make your life easier.